Sunday, August 29, 2010

Review on Playskool Diapers

A while ago I purchased a package of Playskool Diapers in one of my 'deals'. It was only one package, and to be honest - I've heard a couple of negative comments about this particular brand. I figured - how bad can it be? Is it leaky? I'll use them during the day! I mean what can be bad about a diaper? Especially a free one?

Well.. to start, lets just say there is no stretchy material in the waistband. You get 2  weak little velcro like  tabs. These are attached to a mere strip of material that you're supposed to pull and close tightly to make sure the diaper is attached to the baby. So it ends up that there's diaper in the front, diaper in the back, and a thin strip that looks like wax paper on both sides. I mentioned the velcro is little, and weak. And indeed it is. It is a bit too small and a bit too weak which results in it unsticking and opening, regularly. So my kids are toddling around, with diapers falling off constantly.

My daughter got her very first real 'diaper rash'. It looks like a red burn. She never had it before.

There isn't enough padding or polymers or whatever it is they use to absorb and hold in liquid.

Now to make it personal, my kids were playing with the neighborhood kids, and my daughters diaper fell off. All the bigger kids were pointing at her and laughing, and making fun of her. At 16 months old, she was actually embarrassed. She ran over to me all sad.

Now tell me, who is responsible for making causing my baby shame? Playskool! 'Nuff said.

2 comments:

  1. Poor kid! That must've been embarrassing for her!

    You should email this post to Playskool and see what they say. Maybe they'll actually do something to change their diapers and make them more wearable. Who knows?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of a tshirt i bought at ralph lauren. few days later, it got this HUGE hole under the arm, of all places! i did not fling it over the hook in that exact area, that's for sure. nor did i wheedle a scissor into the spot. gotta write to them and tell them how much embarrassment they caused me.

    ReplyDelete